Apparently, Limp Bizkit is no longer performing at UFC 100. I WONDER WHY? Perhaps people didn’t want to see Fred shuffle around stage like the fatass washed-up loser that he is. Perhaps ticket sales were going DOWN instead of UP once Limp Bizkit was announced as performing (we’d love to find out). Perhaps Dana White came to his senses. Maybe it’s all of the above?
Or we could go with the easiest option and listen to Durstyboy himself…
On Saturday 27th June 2009, @freddurst said:
Facts- Limp Bizkit did NOT, in any way, cancel the UFC100 concert in Las Vegas. Truth is UFC and Interscope records could not come to an agreement on certain DVD rights. With all respect to Mandalay Bay, The UFC were also unhappy with LB’s decision of wanting to switch the performance from the Beach at Mandalay Bay with its inappropriate layout for a heavy rock concert with Limp Bizkit, basically a stage in front of a pool, to a more standard concert venue also located at the mandalay Bay which was the House Of Blues. The UFC expressed they wanted a “party vibe” for this event and would not settle for any venue besides the Beach for this and other reasons. First, LB would like to confirm we are HUGE UFC fans and will always be, but feel it is unfair for UFC to falsely confirm and advertise that Limp Bizkit will be performing to only change their minds after many people have rearranged their lives and bought tickets to be in Vegas for this special concert. On that note we are proud to announce that we will still be performing on the same night out of respect for our fans. The details of when and where will follow shortly after this post. Again, all respect to UFC for inviting us in the first place. We will continue to support the UFC because it is our favorite MMA event. Stay tuned.
So, what you’re saying is…
– UFC offered you a place to perform and you jumped at the chance, because it’s violent and aggressive and you (despite claiming the contrary) & your fans love that… and you’re desperate for attention.
– Upon working out the details, UFC stated that it would be better for their broadcast and the taping of the performance if you performed at a specific venue.
– Rather than concede to this, you threw a tantrum and demanded a change of venues, even though the venue you’re demanding to use is already contracted to a show that night with other performers that has nothing to do with the UFC event.
– You probably want more money than you’re worth, since that’s usually what is involved when any sort of publishing “rights” disagreement occurs.
– UFC said thanks, but no thanks.
Well, Fred, if you wanted to play a “rock show” at a “rock venue” then you should have booked a concert yourself in the first place and not agreed to play at a televised sporting event that is based around the SPORT and NOT YOUR BAND. Way to go, Diva Durst.
CLICK HERE to hear most of the interview!
…or click here to go directly to 91X morning show recap page
and listen there and not listen there, since Interscope “censored” them.
Fred’s tweet a few minutes before the interview said, “what a good thing to embrace on an afternoon of love” …no love here, buddyboy… no love here. Durst claims he enjoys Morrissey and The Smiths, but cannot name one single song, after audibly fumbling for a few seconds. Mat asks him about the juxtaposition of Durst claiming that he put Limp Bizkit on the back-burner because it was fueling bullies* and Limp Bizkit’s ONE performance in the United States being at UFC 100 in Las Vegas, to which Fred responds that he thinks it was a good quote. No real answer, though. Huh? Fred also managed to bite the hands that fed him by dissing TRL. Nice job, fatty.
The interview, which mainly relied on subdued jabs, ended with 91X’s Mat Diablo scoring a definitive TKO. Fred got knocked down once early on, when a no-no word from his everyday vernacular slipped into his verbal spewage, causing the show to use a delay to their advantage. Once Mat took his final uppercut to ol’ fatty’s pathetic ego, the low-rent Bruce Willis lookalike had to be dumped completely for letting some choice curses fly. Victory goes, once again, to those with good taste!
* Note: Which Fred also claims in an interview, that connects him to Miley Cyrus, in that they were both “beaten up” in high school here – the comments are deliciously entertaining and one commentator claims she went to school with him and he was NOT bullied. Another Miley Cyrus comparison for you, while we’re on the topic, recently Miley’s been getting some flack for her handlers hanging up during radio interviews or ending them early – Fred’s handler interjected into the interview this morning, twice. Redcap needs a babysitter… awwww! Are you going Disney, Dursty?
Looks like someone got his widdle feewings hurtededed… d’aaaaaaaaaawwww :(
Comment on this post or go to the 91X morning show website here and show them the TRUE LOVE they deserve for being so awesome :D
Rocker Fred Durst has a “phobia” about elections – and insists US President Barack Obama is not the right man for the job.
The Limp Bizkit frontman refused to vote in the American presidential elections last year as he has no faith in the US’s political system.
He is adamant politicians are corrupt – and America has still not found a worthy leader, despite Obama’s overwhelming popularity.
Durst tells Kerrang! magazine, “I did not vote. It’s a phobia I have, there’s something psychological about it. I know it’s not responsible, but I’ve voted for lots of things besides the President – lots of things that have changed children’s lives and the planet’s life. I just haven’t voted for a President because I still believe we haven’t found one.”
But despite his reservations, Durst is not ruling out pursuing a career in politics: “I could see myself having a very substantial point of view and contribution to helping politics get on the path of being less corrupt. It’s so f**king corrupt – it’s out of control and it’s anarchy.”